We believe there is a strong need for women to use their voices and their votes to influence what happens in our state. So, after thoughtful time spent, we have enhanced our mission statement, created a vision statement for what we believe Women for Kansas should stand for and outlined our core values as an organization.
The mission of Women for Kansas is to recruit, motivate, and educate women who will actively participate in the process of electing moderates to public office who will advocate for moderate policies.
Our vision is to restore integrity, transparency, fiscal responsibility and balance to Kansas by electing moderate candidates to public office.
- A fair, progressive tax system that adequately funds public services
- A court system free from political influence
- Equal rights for all citizens
- Protection of our environment against avoidable degradation and depletion of our natural resources
- Separation of church and state
- Advocacy of health care rights and opportunities
- Equal access for immigrant families
- Preservation of excellence in public schools and higher education
- Recognition of and support for the arts as vital to our quality of life
Our goal is to form chapters of two or more within individual communities and/or geographical areas, bringing like-minded women together to discuss, advocate and get involved in local and state issues of importance and to promote the mission and statewide goals of Women for Kansas.
Recruit like-minded women to become involved in the political process via W4K membership so women across the state become a significant body of influence that can help return the state to sanity.
Our goal is for this group to form chapters of two or more within individual communities and/or geographical areas, bringing like-minded women together to discuss, advocate and get involved in local issues of importance and to promote the mission and statewide goals of Women for Kansas.